Free Key Fob Remote Programming Instructions for a 2004 Nissan Quest
Many people don’t know that they can purchase their own replacement vehicle entry remote, save up to 70% off of marked up Dealership prices, and program the replacement remote to their vehicle themselves. We know how good it feels to save money and do something yourself; and we aim to make it as painless as possible for you!
Time needed: 5 minutes.
KEY FOB REMOTE
Step-By-Step How To Programming Instructions
1.Close and Lock Doors
CLOSE and LOCK all doors with the Driver’s Side Power Lock/Unlock Switch.
2.Insert Key 6X
INSERT key into Ignition and REMOVE it 6 times in 10 seconds (Do NOT Turn). The Hazard Lamps will FLASH to indicate successful entry into Programming Mode.
INSERT key into Ignition and TURN to the ACC position.
4.Program First Remote
WITHIN 5 seconds, PRESS the LOCK button on the first remote to be programmed. The Hazard Lamps will FLASH to indicate successful programming of the remote.
5.Program Second Remote
For any additional remotes to be programmed — UNLOCK and then LOCK all doors using the Driver’s Side Power Lock/Unlock Switch. WITHIN 5 seconds, PRESS the LOCK button on the next remote to be programmed. The Hazard Lamps will FLASH to indicate successful programming of the remote.
6.Program Additional Remotes
REPEAT Step 5 for any additional remotes to be programmed to your vehicle.
7.EXIT Programming Mode
TURN the key to the OFF position, REMOVE key from the Ignition and UNLOCK doors using the Driver’s Side Power Lock/Unlock Switch and OPEN the Driver’s side door to FINALIZE programming.
TEST all remotes. Programming is complete.
If these programming instructions helped save you time and money, please consider sharing our blog with friends and family so they can do the same.
- Verify the following prior to following these instructions:
You have a key fob remote that is compatible with your vehicle.
- Obtain ALL remote transmitters for this vehicle.
- If you have a remote head key with a transponder chip, this procedure will ONLY program the remote portion. You’ll need a Professional Auto Locksmith to cut and program the transponder key that will start the vehicle.
- If you have a remote head key without a transponder chip, this procedure WILL work for your vehicle.
- This procedure DOES NOT work for smart proximity remote key fobs.