Chevrolet Tahoe Key Fob Remote Programming Instructions for 1997
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.
1. Locate the Data Link Port. It is located under drivers side dash. You may need to lay on the floor and look up under the dash to see it. Be sure you know which ports are 8 and 4. Notice the port is wider on the top row. If you are looking at the port with the wide row on top and the narrow row on bottom, Port 1 will be in the upper left corner and port 8 in the upper right corner. Be sure there are metal pins inside ports 8 and 4.
2. Connect pin 8 to pin 4 with a suitable jumper wire. Any short piece of wire will work fine. A paper clip bent in the shape of a U will work perfect. (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). The vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors to indicate vehicle has entered programming mode.
3. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first remote to be programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the remote.
4. Within one minute, repeat step 3 on all additional remotes including working ones to be programmed.
5. Remove the jumper wire connected to the Data Link Port.