How to Change the Battery in a 2014-2019 Jeep grand cherokee Key Fob
Every Jeep provides drivers with a key fob, and it should last years without ever needing any attention. That said, those who hang on to their model may eventually need to search the internet for “how to change the battery in jeep key fob” or “how to program a jeep key fob."
Learning how to open the Jeep key fob is easy enough since the fob is simply two pieces of plastic that snap together. Once open, you’ll find a small circuit board, a rubber keypad, and the battery.
Before you start, simply gather these items:
- Small Flathead Screwdriver
- New CR2032 Battery
When you have both, go ahead and follow these steps to replace the battery:
- Insert the flathead screwdriver into the key fob seam near the keyring mount.
- Press down lightly on the top of the screwdriver to force the two key fob segments apart at the seam. Make sure you don’t use a twisting action – this could damage the plastic.
- Remove the old battery from its housing.
- Insert the new CR2032 battery, making sure the negative side is down.
- Put the circuit board into the keypad, then put the keypad into the key.
- Finally, snap the two key fob halves together.