2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Remote key fob Programming
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.
1. Remove key from ignition.
2. Remove the MALL PGM or BCM PRGRM fuse from fuse box (you only need to remove one fuse on this step. In some vehicles it’s called MALL PGM and in others it’s BCM PRGRM).
3. Close all doors.
4. Turn ignition switch to ACC. (ACC is turning the key back toward you).
5. Within 1 second turn the ignition to OFF then back to ACC. (OFF is the position where you can remove your key)
6. Open then close the driver’s door.
7. An acoustic sound will be heard after closing the door indicating the vehicle is in programming mode.
8. Hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote for about 15 seconds until two chimes are heard.
9. Repeat step 8 for any additional remotes including working ones.
10. Remove key from ignition and replace MALL PGM or BCM PRGRM fuse.
11. Test all remotes.